[OSGeo Finance] Motion: Adopt Financial Reports

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Aug 7 19:05:55 EDT 2008

Are you referring to tracking the GDAL project funds for the PSC to
use?  Those funds are lumped in as income at the high level, but are
ultimately tracked as Income->Donations->Project Restricted - e.g. see:
http://www.osgeo.org/files/finance/reports-2007/2007_end_income.html

Whereas as foundation sponsorship levels have their own accounts.

Unless I'm mistaken, there weren't any outstanding liabilities or
contracts for use of the funds - perhaps that is what you are
thinking of?  All contracts were wrapped up by end of the year.

For billing costs against GDAL, they are tracked as a CLASS.  So you
can see pretty much the whole picture re: GDAL here in the 4th column:
http://www.osgeo.org/files/finance/reports-2007/2007_end_classes.html

Does that answer your question?  We had a lot of back and forth on
tracking GDAL funds this past year, I'm going to re-check.  I think
some 2007 contracts weren't paid out until 2008 - and I suspect I
missed that.

Tyler