[OSGeo Finance] Motion: Adopt Financial Reports

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Aug 8 09:23:32 EDT 2008

Thanks Dave,

I believe that only when a contract is issued to actually spend the
funds, should it be listed as a liability (e.g. a future bill for
services).  That is, it shows as a liability when commitment to spend
the money is made. If we took the other approach then everything that
was in our budget would be treated like a liability too since we plan
to spend it. and I don't think that's what you're after.  Being able
to show how much of our donations "belongs" to GDAL should be good
enough I would think.

Tyler