[OSGeo Finance] Finance Report

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 9 12:39:24 EDT 2008

Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> Hi Tyler,
>
> I've been through the documentation - the one thing I'm not clear on is
> our cash vs income situation. I'm not certain -- but it seems like these
> numbers reflect the cash side rather than income? For instance -- there
> is significant income from project sponsors (for GDAL) but no indication
> of a liability for future contracting that OSGeo is on the hook for.
> There may be other examples like this that I'm not aware of.
>
> Could you provide some clarity on this? Although cashflow management is
> important -- for a clear view of health and sustainability of the
> organization (especially in an annual report), it's critical that our
> income statement and balance sheet be accurate.

Dave,

In the example of GDAL, are you looking for a record of outstanding liabilities
like contracts that have been signed and we can consider ourselves on the hook
to pay?

There are none outstanding from 2007, but there are two for 2008 that could
be recorded.  I try to notify you and Tyler when I sign contracts on behalf of
OSGeo but I can collect the potential liabilities for review if needed.

Best regards,