[OSGeo Finance] Finance Report

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 18 01:44:19 EDT 2008

Hi,
As you might have noticed, I wasn't able to wrap it the changes re:
accruals for yesterday after all.  I will follow up with you, Ken,
re: some of the process I'm trying to straighten out since I could
use some pointers.

Sorry we couldn't get the report together in time for the board
meeting, but as soon as I can get the reworked numbers together I'll
get it out for review.  Then we can take it to the board via email at
least.

Tyler

On 16-Jul-08, at 7:15 PM, Dave McIlhagga wrote:

> I have to sign-off as I'm heading into non-connected lands at a
> cottage on the water in the morning. I just wanted to pass along my
> support for approving the financials for 2007 once we have clarity
> on the issues surrounding cash vs. accrual reported data.
>
> In the interest of having this resolved soon - I'd be happy to
> support the financials with this issue addressed based on the
> support of the remainder of the finance committee. If Tyler can get
> this information to the committee tomorrow - we can hopefully pass
> recommendation to the board to approve allowing distribution of the
> OSGeo Year-end report for 2007.
>
> Signing-off .. talk to you all in a couple of weeks.
>
> Dave
>

> On 16-Jul-08, at 11:06 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>
>> I'm working on this, the only trouble I'm having is with
>> quickbooks itself - it likes to have a single date and I set it to
>> "cash basis" at the beginning.  This is only a problem when
>> syncronising the bank account with the books using their automated
>> tools.  More in a couple hours I hope.
>>
>> Tyler
>>

>> On 10-Jul-08, at 1:05 PM, Dave McIlhagga wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tyler,
>>>
>>> Because we're interested in the annual picture -- I think the
>>> simplest thing to do would be to review a couple of things and
>>> update the books accordingly:
>>>
>>> 1. Check the cash payments from January / February 2007 to see if
>>> anything is related to 2006 expenses (this should be classified
>>> in the previous year)
>>> 2. Check your sponsorship invoices / receipts from early 2007 to
>>> see if these are related to 2006 invoices (should be in previous
>>> year)
>>> 3. Check your invoicing from end of 2007 to see if there were any
>>> outstanding payments at year end (make sure they are in the books
>>> for 2007 as income)
>>> 4. Check payments made in early 2008 for any bills from 2007 (to
>>> be classified as 2007 expenses)
>>>
>>> Apart from this -- the only thing that I think would be odd is
>>> Frank .. um, that's not quite what I meant. :) All you have to do
>>> for that is figure out as of end of Dec. 2007 exactly how much

tmitchell at osgeo.org
P: +1-250-277-1621
M: +1-250-303-1831