[OSGeo Finance] financial status overview?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 16 10:10:53 EDT 2009

Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> Hi Tyler,
>
> So income (apart from the conference) is projected to be 85k for 2009?
> Would that not present a significant shortfall for the year if we don't
> get a significant windfall from FOSS4G 2009?

Folks,

I would note that our budgeting process calls for several new sponsors,
including a new $50K sponsor.  The year will be in significant shortfall
if we fail to bring in these new sponsors.

In fact, if we fail to bring in the new sponsors, and take a loss on
FOSS4G 2009 we could easily use up the bulk of our reserves by the end of
this year.  This is a fairly likely scenario.

Best regards,