[OSGeo Finance] financial status overview?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 16 10:30:22 EDT 2009

Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> On 16-Apr-09, at 10:10 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> In fact, if we fail to bring in the new sponsors, and take a loss on
>> FOSS4G 2009 we could easily use up the bulk of our reserves by the end of
>> this year.  This is a fairly likely scenario.
>
> Hmmm - that's not too encouraging. Is there any action taking place at
> the moment in terms of attracting significant new sponsors? I'd hate to
> see our current cash situation lulling the organization into a false
> sense of security ...

Dave,

The board has accepted responsibility for soliciting new sponsors.
There has been some effort in that direction, and it was the main topic
at the last board meeting.  However, so far results are not encouraging.
Our hoped for new major sponsor has not been receptive.

As discussed during the budgeting process, I would like to do a mid-year
financial review.  At that point we may need to ask the board to reduce
further planned marketing expenses, and take other steps to conserve
funds.

At that point we might also need to contemplate whether we can afford a
full time ED role in 2010 depending on the situation and (realistic)
projected income and expenses.

I don't feel lulled into a false sense of security...

Best regards,