[OSGeo Finance] financial status overview?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 16 11:00:18 EDT 2009

Ken Tamura wrote:
> Given the economy, is it worth discussion the postponement of the event
 > this year?  Many business are doing this, and is reasonable.

Ken,

The FOSS4G 2009 LOC is contemplating cancellation; however, as I understand
it they have been told they would owe the PCO (operator) nearly $100K for
time already spent on preparation.  I think we would also be on the hook for
some sort of venue cancellation fee though it isn't clear how much that is
(to me).  This scenario does not make cancellation very attractive.

Paul can no doubt say more, but for now I'm convinced that the LOC is taking
the financial situation seriously.

Best regards,