[OSGeo Finance] Re: Motion: Recommend 2008 Financials

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu May 28 00:18:01 EDT 2009

On 27-May-09, at 10:03 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I'm interested in how we can find an appropriate person.  I believe
> we need
> to file an actual tax return this year for OSGeo - something we
> have not done
> before - and we have money budgeted to support this.  I assume the
> support for
> a tax filing could include the sort of review Ken is talking about
> too, right?
>
> Any thoughts from anyone on how get this ball rolling?  Also, is it
> likely that
> we will need to file back returns back to the founding of OSGeo?

I can try to discuss this with a local charter accountancy and
business management group here locally, who also has affiliates in
the USA.  In a quick face-to-face I can lay out our issues/
perspectives and see if they might be of help or if it may be over
their heads.  They are a full service shop doing a range of services
from bookkeeping to audits and taxation to management services.

I don't mind taking this on as I would like to see what kind of help
is available for bookkeeping from them anyway.

Jo's suggestion to talk to Chris is a good one to check out too.  I
do assume though that having someone that one of us can meet with
might be a bit easier in the long run.

Tyler