[OSGeo Finance] Finance update

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Nov 16 23:21:51 EST 2011

Hello Finance Committee,

A quick update for you:

I finally got access to the bank accounts yesterday (getting through
that has been quite an exercise), and am getting up to speed with our
accounting system and state of the finances.

For the short term, I have produced a quick cashflow snapshot for the
month of November based on the information I have so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av9Xf1ehZXz-dDB3VVhGUm5kdmdMZFJBdHUxME5OZnc

This means 12-13k$ in bank after our last payments to Tyler at the end
of this month. However at that point we are effectively spending the
project reserved funds, so we'll need to keep that in mind and make up
for this ASAP (details to come later).

Expected income in the foreseeable future will be:
- Income from FOSS4G Denver (I'm in touch with them, no known amount or
ETA yet)
- Money from GSoC which is about to be invoiced (500$ per project x 21
projects, also note that this invoice will also include some $$ for
reimbursement of expenses for the OSGeo reps at the GSoC mentor summit,
but that doesn't contribute to our balance.)
- By the end of the year I'll also need to send a round of sponsorship
renewal invoices, but don't expect to see that money until the new year.

More info to come in the next week or so...

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/