[OSGeo Finance] Reviving the Finance Committee

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Sep 27 08:44:54 EDT 2011

On 11-09-26 06:54 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> I've just sent an invite request to Daniel, with full access and to the info at osgeo.org
> account for read access.  Frank, can you pick a password and circulate?  You should
> see the invite soon.

Thank you Tyler. I have been able to login with my new account.

I had a quick look at the accounts, balance sheet, etc, and already have
questions on the state of the finances and the way things are handled in
QuickBooks.

First, there seem to be large quickbooks balances for all bank accounts
and credit cards. Do they match reality? If not then is there a way we
can make them match?

In the list of donors, some of them have outstanding invoices over a
year old... does this really reflect reality? Do we have a history of
actions taken / contacts made to get them back on track? I think it
would be useful to get that list so that we can assign board members as
key contact to each sponsor (my own idea, board members may not agree).

At some point in the not too distant future we should setup a conference
call with Tyler and the Finance committee to go over the way accounting
was done so that we can better understand and continue in the same
direction.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/