[OSGeo Finance] Reviving the Finance Committee

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 28 17:59:27 EDT 2011

> Makes sense... but after reading this, if the only reason why we had a CAD account was for payroll and this goes away, then I'm wondering if perhaps instead I should only get a USD credit card and come back to all accounting being in USD starting in 2012. Since the foundation is US based, that would make the most sense I guess...

I think you're on the right track there.  The only other wildcard is Paypal.  For our current Paypal, linked to TD Canada Trust, I am pretty sure it would only link to the CAD account.

> I guess that also depends on what kind of limitations the USD accounts and cards suffer from.

I'm not sure if you can get a US dollar business card.  Otherwise, I think it will be smooth enough for you.

> The numbers in quickbooks are still in USD by default today, right?

Yes by default, but they are in CAD for CAD based accounts, which I then add adjustments for when reconciling.

Tyler