[FOSS-GPS] High accuracy positioning with low cost GPS devices:a FOSS project

Martin Vermeer martin.vermeer at tkk.fi
Fri Oct 10 03:29:15 EDT 2008

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 23:15:12 +0200
Abdelrazak Younes <younes.abdel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/10/2008 20:55, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does these projects have anything in common with the ESA SISNET project? See
> > http://www.egnos-pro.esa.int/Publications/DSP%202001/DSP_2001_SISNET.pdf
> >

> No, Sisnet project was about diffusing EGNOS messages over the internet.
> It was a show case project, I am not sure it is still on going.
>
> Abdel.

Actually the software is available (for Windows/Wince only, I'm
afraid). It was done by my colleague Ruizhi Chen and collaborators at
the Finnish Geodetic Institute. The service appears to be available.

http://www.egnos-pro.esa.int/sisnet/uas.html

Actually we have here at TKK been playing around with GPStk, and trying
(unluckily) to get funding for using an older chipset from Fastrax for
getting our sticky fingers on the carrier phase. That could give
centimetre precision!

http://www.gpstk.org/pub/Documentation/GPSTkPublications/vermeer-baseline-processing-ion-gnss-2006.pdf

(using expensive geodetic receivers)

We would certainly be "in the market" for cooperation on this.

- Martin