[FOSS-GPS] Introduction

Milo van der Linden milovanderlinden at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 07:27:23 EDT 2008

Hello,

My name is Milo van der Linden. I am a BSc. Geodesy/Geo-IT from the
Netherlands. I started working as a GIS consultant in the aeronautical
industry in 1998, since then I used to work with Intergraph, Bentley and
MapInfo GIS and I earned my tracks in telecom (fiber-network
registration) and Public Safety.

Since january 2007 I am a open source GIS consultant. co-founder of the
Dutch "Open Geo Groep". Owner of the plaxo and linkedin "GIS group(s)"
and an openstreetmap addict. My goal is to bring openstreetmap and osGeo
together building a bridge between open geo data and open source GIS.

I am particularly interested in linux on mobile devices, in-car devices
and using GPS for data collection.

I hope I can learn about the latest and greatest in open source GIS on
this list!