[FOSS-GPS] High accuracy positioning with low cost GPS devices: a FOSS project

Jaykob jraible at gmx.de
Tue Feb 3 05:09:44 EST 2009

I just want to give you a short update on my work.
Thanks for the interesting links stefans and the good overview John and all
the others for their input. Most appreciated!

Am I right that I souldn't spend too much time on getting a fixed solution
with solved ambiguities as the initialization time would simply be too long
with my receivers? And if there are some buildings and trees around it would
surely lose lock to some satellites and I would have to reinitialize the
whole thing again, right?

So as it seems by now I should rather stick with differences first and give
filters and sensor fusion a try? For example the robot won't change height
in most cases or if it does it changes pretty slow.

I also have a thread going on in the GPSTk Wiki that I don't want to hide if
you're interested: http://www.gpstk.org/bin/view/Documentation/DgpsQuestion

@Eugenio: How is your work going on, did you finish your thesis already? I
would love to give it a read ;)