[FOSS-GPS] Make Your Own Real Time Kinematic GPS Receiver That's Accurate to One Centimeter [GPS]

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Wed Nov 18 13:27:09 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Brian Wilson <brian at wildsong.biz> wrote:

> I am curious to know more about the fixed station too, all the
> information shows only the rover.
>
> Brian

Answering my own question, the paper has a lot of this information,
they used a CORS station that is part of the GEONET service in Japan.
The paper is here
http://gpspp.sakura.ne.jp/paper2005/isgps_2009_rklib.pdf

They have both WiFi and a cellular modem available as connections for
the data stream.

Tyler - The Atmel chips used on the Arduino boards are
microcontrollers, so we are talking about 8-bit processors with Kbytes
of memory. So forget that.  The Beagle Board is actually the best
price and smallest size that I have seen with those features. I bet
you already have an old laptop around though - you could skip the
single board computer entirely and use that. You have to get the raw
data GPS receiver, I splurged on a AEK4T (something like $349). The
price of an LEA4T module ($179) + Beagle Board ($149) + PC board is
about the same.

The paper also specifies the antenna they used (NovAtel GPS-702-GG)
for the rover.

Brian