[FOSS-GPS] FoxtrotGPS: Call for translations!

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Fri Apr 23 08:44:55 EDT 2010

On Thursday 22 April 2010 11:18:32 Gabriele Colosimo wrote:
> Hello Sander,
>
> Thank you for your help and suggestion of the poedit software.
> In fact I was wondering where to start, I mean:
>
> - After getting the software, from where should I start with the
> translation?

You need to get the source package, not just the compiled package. Extract the source
package somewhere, then start poedit, select 'new catalog from POT' and navigate to where
you extracted the source, and find the .pot file in the source tree. You can also open the
other language files (.po) to see what has been and how it is translated.

> - Will my translation be checked from anyone else?

probably, you never know with open source software :)

> - Am I the first in translating from English to Italian or I can see other
> translations in order to keep the language closer as possible with previous
> releases?

You're the first, there's no italian translation for foxtrotGPS yet.

grtz,
Sander