[FOSS-GPS] FoxtrotGPS now uses libgps for improved gpsd support

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Tue May 11 09:51:04 EDT 2010

Joshua Judson Rosen <rozzin at geekspace.com> writes:

> I merged [Timo Juhani Lindfors'] patches into the trunk today--along with
> a minor tweak to allow us to handle the increased range of some values
> reported by libgps beyond what the tangoGPS parser was capable of
> reporting (e.g.: our codebase assumed that localtime() could never fail,
> but libgps is capable of reporting `unknown time' in a format that
> causes localtime() to correctly fail rather than reporting the epoch).

So, if you get FoxtrotGPS from the Bazaar repository right now,
you'll get support for libgps. If you're using a recent version
of libgps, then you should be able to use both new and old servers.

I've also fixed a bug from tangoGPS, where the application would
not use any server but `localhost' at startup.