[FOSS-GPS] reading GNU Info docs (was: FoxtrotGPS documentation (format? license?))

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Mon Dec 10 17:24:49 PST 2012

David Bannon <dbannon at internode.on.net> writes:

> Hmm, I even installed makeinfo on my laptop ! And ran 'info', first time
> in, maybe, 5 years. It has not got any better !

FYI, I noticed something interesting about the `info' tool--
try piping it through your pager, e.g.:

    info -f foxtrotgps.info | less

> Interesting, there are no other info files on may laptop, that
> surprised me.

You're running Ubuntu, right? You should at least have an info manual for
coreutils (cf. <http://packages.ubuntu.com/quantal/i386/coreutils/filelist>);
and you should be able to read it in yelp if you invoke it as
"yelp info:coreutils".

Or with "info coreutils | less"

(or "info 2>/dev/null | less", if it dumps a bunch of debug/progress
 info to stderr...)