[FOSS-GPS] Post-processing RINEX to simulate RTK

António Pestana afsm.pestana at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 03:26:27 PDT 2012

Dear Mauro

> How is turning out the comparison? how similar are both results for the
> same data?. It would be excellent that RTKLIB/RTKPOST could be validated
> with that level of data and experiments against those "well known top-level
> proffesional" (and very expensive) closed software suites, at least for
> some level of performance or for some defined applications.

Preliminary results look promising.

> Regarding the wireless testing, at our lab we have some "in the field"
> experience in data links on 400, 900 and 2400 Mhz (WiFi), so feel free to
> ask if you ever need some advice.

Thanks for your kind offer. I'm using Channel/Frequency: 36/5180 MHz and
channel width: 40 MHz; distances are around 1 km.

>  but when I got to face ambiguity resolution I just gave up....I'm hoping
> to find time again to dive THAT deep.....but now if the results are good
> enough to challenge commercial well known top level software-hardware, I'll
> be focusing on applications for it!

You "hit the target". I need to learn much more about cycle slips detection
and integer ambiguities resolution. I don´t want to dive deep into the
electronics concepts and electronic technical solutions of digital radio
telecommunications. After all I'm only a civil engineer, plain and simple.

We'll keep in touch.

Best regards

Antonio