[FOSS-GPS] where is the repository of rtklib?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Sat Jun 30 20:56:45 PDT 2012

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang at gmail.com> writes:

> On 19/06/2012 15:46, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> > Tshepang Lekhonkhobe<tshepang at gmail.com>  writes:
> > >
> > > I am curious what is the extra work you are talking about.
> >
> > It took me around two years to get comfortable with git. I am still not
> > comfortable with hg.
>
> Am curious, were you using subversion before git? I was, and found
> either hg (mercurial) far more comfortable, and git too, only less so,
> since it accommodates subversion users less than hg does.

This is a big part of why I usually go with bzr: while the git people
are right that it's easier to find developers who already have some
experience with git than other distributed-VC systems (and easier
to find someone to hold your hand when you need it), I've found that
it's far easier to just find people who know *svn* (or to have them
find you) and port those people forward to bzr. And qbzr provides
a pretty nice set of graphical utilities.

A rocket scientist I worked with for a few years told me that
he likes bzr because he was able to smoothly transition from *rcs*
and has since been able to continually improve his VC workflow/habits
at whatever pace was comfortable. And it's not just him--it seems
like a lot of hackers in rocket science and similar areas are
still using tools like rcs, or doing their best to just
`not deal with version control', because rocket scientists have
better things to do than learn how to use a VCS. And *distributed* VC
really is a bit of a rabbit-hole, so it's nice to be able to choose
how far down the rabbit-hole you want to go--and at what pace
you want to go there.