[FOSS-GPS] FoxtrotGPS: add track-logging toggle to the toolbar?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Nov 1 07:04:48 PDT 2012

"David Bannon" <dbannon at internode.on.net> writes:

> Joshua, that works beautifully !
>
> Makes it heaps easier to record logs. Thanks a lot.

Great! I'll make the changes in the mainline codebase, then.

> I'd suggest two minor improvements. Firstly, can you add a help text for the
> flag that pops up when a user hovers a mouse over the icon ? I'd suggest
> "start/stop track logging".

Oh! Yes, of course.

> Secondly, and perhaps a bit harder and maybe not so important, the
> toggled icon does not look massively different to the untoggled. I
> guess its dependent on the widget set you are using but if its easy,
> making it look more distinctive would be good.

This is dependent on the GTK+ theme you're using; some themes
make toggled-on buttons quite easy to distinguish (I'm using
one such theme called "Albatross" on my laptop, for example;
I found it in Debian's `murrine-themes' package).