[FOSS-GPS] [Spam] Re: Using RTKLib with Novatel OEM device as base

David Kelley DavidKelley at ITSware.net
Thu Sep 4 09:18:51 PDT 2014

John:
Did not NovAtel or the vendor you obtained your modules from provide
such a thing?   In our shop we do not use their products, mostly due to
simply being content with other devices (please note that they make
great stuff), so I myself have never built a decoder for them.

But as you have noted, RTKLIB has one, as does gnsstk.  So does GIPSY if
you are allowed to access it.  Those are more or less the top open
toolkits. Keep in mind that the RTKCONV tool may still be you best bet
for a simple GUI tool, off hand I do not know how to "turn up" the debug
level there to get some helpful clues.  If anyone else does, please post.

A search for: 'novatel gps binary decoder' shows one I have heard other
use, as well a some source code examples.

 From the University of Texas (Austin) group there is a tool at:
http://www.gpstk.org/bin/view/Documentation/NovaRinexManual

And I do not know if TEQC can also process it (it converts just about
everything else)
A quick scan of the mail traffic suggests it does not, but this a tool
to know about in any event.
http://facility.unavco.org/software/teqc/teqc.html

I am concerned that the above tosses you into deeper waters than someone
who simply want to 'use' GPS may care to be but offer it in the hope of
doing some good.
Good Luck, David Kelley