[FOSS-GPS] rtknavi vs rtkrcv

Fred Labrosse ffl at aber.ac.uk
Fri Oct 30 10:19:52 PDT 2015

All,

I have been trying to use the unix applications, after getting good results
with the Windows ones.

I now have a (unix) server that serves data from one receiver for now and
if I connect rtknavi (windows) to it in PPP-static I get a fix quite
quickly.  If at the same time I connect rtkrcv to the same server, the
result is not so good.  If I make it display the observations (observ 1), I
do get data that is similar to what I see in rtknavi.  If I make it display
the satellites, I most of the time don't get any, sometimes 1, sometimes a
full set.  This seems to be random between stop/starts.  Waiting does not
seem to help.	If I manage to get a fix in rtkrcv, stop and restart it,
usually I don't get a fix.  However, if I do the same in rtknavi, I get a fix
almost immediately.

What have I missed?

Cheers,

Fred