[FOSS-GPS] Recommended receivers for precise fixed relative measurements

Model A rmeyer at unitronlp.com
Fri Sep 11 12:39:03 PDT 2015

The Bullet shaped GPS Timing antennas I mentioned are identical to the ones
listed on eBay.   Just perform an eBay search for "GPS Timing Antenna" and
you will see several of them listed.

Per the eBay listings there seems to be several different part numbers.
Lucent GPS-TMG-HR-26N
Lucent GPS-TMG-HR-26NCM
Datum KS24019L117
Datum KS24019L112A
Datum 2640NW-D/E

They have a quadrifiliar helex design.   Several eBay vendors are listing
them for around $50 US and less.   They are great for a Base Station to be
mounted on top of a building with a clear view of the sky to reduce
reflections, and they are weather proof.   The internal 26 dB gain amplifier
inside will easily compensate for the length of coaxial cable that you
connect to them.   They have an "N" type connector centered on the base.
Many of these antennas even include the pipe mounting bracket.   I purchased
3 brand new antennas like this still in the original box at a local auction
for $1 US, I was the only bidder that knew what they were.  These antennas
are a lot better than the flat planar GPS antennas, but they do require a
3.3 to 6 VDC active antenna interface to operate.