[FOSS-GPS] uBlox NEO-M8T and RTKlib

Tomoji Takasu ttaka at yk.rim.or.jp
Wed Mar 23 18:53:59 PDT 2016

Dear Damjan,

> I have already downloaded fw 3.01 to my pc but not yet updated the module.
> Do you think that it is worth to update from 2.30 to 3.01 also if official
> ublox statement is that this fw is not compatible with NEO-M8T.

I myself already am successful to update 2 x LEA-M8T and
1 x NEO-M8T to 3.01 by using M8N F/W. It enables Galileo
and 10 Hz raw-data. RTKLIB 2.4.3 b8 also enables Galileo
navigation data.

However, u-blox officially does not ensure M8N F/W for M8T.
Actually, my colleague failed to upgrade M8T F/W. In this
case, M8T could be used only as M8N (F/W 2.01).

So I don't recommend M8T F/W update. If you try, do it in
your own risk.

regards,

*********
Tomoji TAKASU