[FOSS-GPS] Online NTRIP caster

ivial98 ilyavialkov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 20:59:03 PDT 2017

Hi, David

Thank you for reply. Your feedback is incredibly important for me.

// Allow "-" and "_" in the mountPt names and be aware that many deployments
will want more then 10 chars, (I think the std allows 32).

I will fix it at next version.

// Why does the creation of a mountPt reservation (my own term) required a
"user" to be entered and how is this used?

Ntrip2.0 standart require username for server connections. It can be blank
for NTRIP1 servers. I will add this info to a field description.

// Carefully consider what to do when more than one party want the same
mountPt name
Caster should refuse connection from a server with same name. Also YouCORS
refuse client connection with same name.
It's a tricky part, what to do if second connection came to different caster
(YouCORS support multiple casters with same database). I did not decide how
to handle this case.

// Take a good look at the Caster that GEO++ offers, unlike our SNIP tool or
most other Casters, then have rather a nice web GUI.

Thanks. I will look. In this context i have a question about SNIP. Why are
you use native UI for windows and linux? It's much more simple to create one
web UI for all platforms, and it will be more convenient for user. If you
separate UI and caster as daemon, SNIP could run on a cloud platforms like
MS Azure and Google App engine.

// Consider allowing "Private" mountPt to also be "hidden"

Great point.

// Please consider adding addition format style,  a lot of cost sensitive
folks want things like uBlox binary and not just RTCM flavors.  You might
use the same list you see in this table (as there is not any official RTCM
set of phrases)
https://www.use-snip.com/kb/knowledge-base/supported-caster-data-formats/

I will fix it at next version.

// I do not understand how to edit a mountPt reservation once it is created,
it takes the user back the creation pages when I would have expect to fill
in or edit the caster table entry details again.

There is separate page to edit mountpoint description. Mountpoints -> Show
-> Description -> Edit.

// Everything I have sent into it was at 1H (and seems to work fine), may
try other rates soon as well.

I have one user with Javad Triumph receiver which work at 100Hz, but i don't
have feedback from him yet. When it broadcast data CPU usage rise by 2%, but
the average is still pretty low on 1 CPU digital ocean droplet.

Best regards, Ilya