[FOSS-GPS] TIM-TM2 Messages on Ublox M8T

OSGPS_gio giovanni.vertechy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 11:06:50 PDT 2017

Hi ALL; I'm new to the list and this is my first post.
I've searched on this forum, and I've also posted similar topics on Ublox
and DP Review forums: no dice so far.

The question is how to correctly set-up/configure the M8T so that the
TIM-TM2 messages are enabled, to detect and report the EXTINT events - keep
in mind I have read the Receiver description and Protocol manual, following
what it says on this topic (not much, really):
19 Timemark
The receiver can be used to provide an accurate measurement of the time at
which a pulse was detected on the external interrupt pin. The reference time
can be chosen by setting the time source parameter to UTC, GPS, GLONASS,
BeiDou, Galileo or local time in the UBX-CFG-TP5 configuration message. The
UTC standard can be set in the UBX-CFG-NAV5 configuration message. The delay
figures defined with UBX-CFG-TP5 are also applied to the results output in
the UBX-TIM-TM2 message. A UBX-TIM-TM2 message is output at the next epoch
if
• the UBX-TIM-TM2 message is enabled
• a rising or falling edge was triggered since last epoch on one of the
EXTINT channels

I have also used RTKlib with the following commands:

# navigation data update rate 10Hz in ms
!UBX CFG-RATE 100 1 1
# turn on UBX RXM-RAWX messages on first(UART) interface with the same freq
!UBX CFG-MSG 2 21 0 1 0 0 0 0
# turn on UBX RXM-SFRBX messages on first(UART) interface with the same freq
!UBX CFG-MSG 2 19 0 1 0 0 0 0
# turn on UBX TIM TM2 messages on first(UART) interface with the same freq
!UBX CFG-MSG 13 3 0 1 0 0 0 0
# GNSS system settings
# set GPS 8-16 channels
!UBX CFG-GNSS 0 32 32 1 0 8 16 0 1 0 1 1
# set SBAS 1-3 channels
!UBX CFG-GNSS 0 32 32 1 1 1 3 0 1 0 1 1
# set Galileo 0 channels off
!UBX CFG-GNSS 0 32 32 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
# set BeiDou 8-16 channels off
!UBX CFG-GNSS 0 32 32 1 3 8 16 0 0 0 1 1
# set IMES 0-8 channels off
!UBX CFG-GNSS 0 32 32 1 4 0 8 0 0 0 1 1
# set QZSS 0-3 channels
!UBX CFG-GNSS 0 32 32 1 5 0 3 0 1 0 1 1
# set GLONASS 8-14 channels off
!UBX CFG-GNSS 0 32 32 1 6 8 14 0 0 0 1 1
# change NAV5 stationary mode to airborne <4g
!UBX CFG-NAV5 1 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
# turn off extra messages default messages
# NMEA GGA
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
# NMEA GLL
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
# NMEA GSA
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 2 0 0 0 0 0 0
# NMEA GSV
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 3 0 0 0 0 0 0
# NMEA RMC
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 4 0 0 0 0 0 0
# NMEA VTG
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 5 0 0 0 0 0 0
# NMEA ZDA
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 8 0 0 0 0 0 0
!UBX CFG-MSG 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0
!UBX CFG-MSG 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0
!UBX CFG-MSG 1 6 0 0 0 0 0 0
!UBX CFG-MSG 1 18 0 0 0 0 0 0
!UBX CFG-MSG 1 34 0 0 0 0 0 0
!UBX CFG-MSG 1 48 0 0 0 0 0 0

In Ucenter - Message view, the TIM-TM2 messages are grayed-out (in the left
pane, listing all the messages - If I select TM2 and right click to enable
it nothing happens, and the "send" button at the bottom of the screen is not
active); on the right window, however, when I connect the EXTINT pin to the
external interrupt signal, I can see the green dots (aside rising/falling
edge), and the counter updates its status (even though the numbers do not
always make sense...); the messages received in "Text Console" do not
contain any TIM-TM2 messages....
As final consideration, I assume the GPS must have FIX, correct?

Any idea?

Thanks

Giovanni