[FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: Governance

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 21:12:05 PST 2018

Good point re: a formal org. My take is there is sufficient support for the
idea to at least determine clear options. I like Greg's suggestion of
forming a small working group to research the options, consult, and form a
recommendation we can implement. In the meantime, we need a group to vest
authority in...

My reasoning for including step 2 is this: we've typically referred to this
group as the '*FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2018 organising committee*', it needs a
fresh mandate & identity, and there may be some people who wish to retire
(and possibly some desire to bring in new people, eg. New Zealanders or
Pacific Islanders?). However, this could perhaps be easily achieved by
appointing a new group from those of us who wish to continue serving, and
calling it by a new name with a new mandate, and making some provision for
new members.