[FOSS4G-Oceania] MOTION: ratify governance doc as Terms of Reference for a new committee

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 21:18:29 PST 2018

Hi all, thanks for all the input and collaboration over the last couple of
weeks on how we govern ourselves going forward, and the future of this
organisation. I think we've ended up with something that clearly spells out
a functional structure and an implementation plan without being overly
prescriptive, addresses key concerns around efficiency, and leaves plenty
of room for us to evolve, including the prospect of creating a formal
entity.

In order to kick off the process, I propose the following motion:

*MOTION: We finalise and ratify the attached document as a guide for the
formation of OSGeo Oceania, and as a Terms of Reference for a new
committee.*

Once this is complete, I believe we're in a position to move to the next
step, which would be forming a new committee responsible for directing and
managing OSGeo Oceania.

Cheers
John