[FOSS4G-Oceania] MOTION: form OSGeo Oceania & appoint board

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 02:33:13 PST 2018

Hi all, as discussed (at length!), I'd like to put forward a motion to form
the new group (and replace this one).

I'm putting in the names of everyone who has put their hand up to join the
new board. In case folks on this committee haven't self-nominated because
of the time of year, I've also put in a bit leaving it open until the 8th
of January (approx when I'm supposing we'll pick things up after the break).

If/when this motion passes, this committee will have done its work, and the
new board will pick up where we leave off.

So...

*MOTION: We approve the formation of OSGeo Oceania, subject to the Terms of
Reference ratified 2018-12-17. To govern and manage OSGeo Oceania, we
appoint an inaugural Board of Directors, consisting of the following
people: Adam Steer, Alex Leith, Andrew Harvey, Cameron Shorter, Daniel
Silk, Edoardo Neerhut, Greg Lauer, John Bryant, Martin Tomko, and Trisha
Moriarty, and any other members of the current organising committee who
self-nominate by 8 January. As per the Terms of Reference, the newly
created Board replaces the current FOSS4G SotM Oceania organising
committee.*

+1 from me. What say you?

Cheers
John