[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: Increased discount for workshop presenters

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 19:20:56 PDT 2018

I think offering the ticket for free further complicates things since we
have an existing community contributor ticket at $150

Like, does a workshop presenter spend significantly more time preparing a
workshop than a committee member spends organising the conference? Or than
someone who has contributed to FOSS4G software or OpenStreetMap data? I
think if we were up front about it, it would be no problem, but if we're
changing it this late in the piece then I think we should set it at $150.

We're also changing the value proposition for sponsors which makes me a
little uncomfortable, but given how supportive everyone has been, I don't
think we'll have any trouble.

+1 for $150 for workshop presenters and $300 for helpers.