[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: extended, targeted call for papers if needed

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 20:03:31 PDT 2018

Hi all

...in the light of Cameron's proposal and a bunch of discussion here in Dar
es Salaam, I'd like to move that:

- in the event that our cohort of presentation proposals is strongly biased
towards east coast white blokes, or we don't have enough submissions from
women and indigenous groups to create the speaker diversity we expect,we
extend the call for papers for two weeks

- we specifically only accept proposals from women and indigenous
communities during this extended CFP

- we promote the extended CFP as being only for specific communities.

- we first see what the CFP brings, and act only if we need to.

Fingers crossed we don't have to do anything. I'm happy to do a lot of the
legwork involved (having just said that volunteer effort is a precious
resource.. consistent? Hmm...)

Thanks,
Adam

--