[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: extended, targeted call for papers if needed

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 05:47:55 PDT 2018

I support that plan John.

I do think that we should have some way of handling presentation
submissions from our TGP applicants - they won't know they're coming until
the end of September so I think we're missing a window of opportunity there.

I'm also comfortable with accepting presentations from underrepresented
groups as long as they are relevant to the conference.

Andrew - while an anonymised community vote removes some bias by not
mentioning anything about the presenter, the overall result still contains
bias when the vast majority of our responses are from a small segment of
the population. Therefore, we need to make an intentional effort to include
speakers from underrepresetend groups until such point they are no longer
underrepresented within the groups of respondees to the community vote,
attendees to our conference, etc.

FYI our audience via Twitter analytics is 78% male, 22% female.