[FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G Academic Track - next steps (react today, pls)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 20:54:47 PDT 2018

I haven't done the research on these questions, so don't have strong
opinions.

My general feeling is "Keep It Simple Stupid", especially for our first
go. It is better to have less, but for the less to be of high quality,
than to have more of low quality.

With that in mind, and apparent low engagement from academic for this
round, I'm -0 on posters this year, revisit the question next year.

Cameron

On 8/9/18 9:16 am, Daniel Silk wrote:
> +1 posters
> +1 keeping Jane in the plenary and including an academic focus in
> another part of the conference schedule
>
> I'm also in support of reducing the cost and increasing the number of
> student tickets for both the conference and the workshops..

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254