[FOSS4G-Oceania] Decision: Where to hold lightning talks

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 05:08:59 PDT 2018

fair enough :D - I was drawing inspiration from EGU style ‘beer and poster’
sessions - which work amazingly well for both networking and science
happening. I guess it’s not so easy for presenters to talk over a crowd.

I really like the idea of lightning talks as a plenary session, but that
means we miss a number of full length talks. The panel discussions ideally
should be also ‘distraction free’ - presumably they’re important.

By process of elimination, and with much compromise, I get to option 1: A
regular stream session

:/

--
Adam Steer