[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: Recognise in-kind support

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:08:40 PDT 2018

+0 Cameron.

I think we should additionally include a clarification about the point
at which we consider "in kind support" worthy of getting acknowledgement.

With a lax definition, "in kind support" could include someone being
given time from their employer to attend the conference, and I think
that we are wanting to acknowledge a higher level than that.

I think it should be something along the lines of "giving more of one's
volunteer time and commitment toward the running of the conference than
the value of a conference ticket". Although I suspect it won't apply in
our case, it could be extended to include people who are not on the
conference committee. (I'm thinking that we can donate this statement to
the foss4g cookbook).

On 26/9/18 9:40 pm, Daniel Silk wrote:
> Hi all
>
> This has been sitting at the end of our committee meeting agendas for
> a while and we haven't managed to get to it, so let's do it via
> mailing list motion instead.
>
> The proposal is:
>  - Add an "In-kind support" section under Bronze on this page:
> https://foss4g-oceania.org/sponsor/our-sponsors
>  - Committee members can then nominate their employer as providing in
> kind support (their time) and can supply a logo to be displayed in
> this section
>  - This can then also be used during the conference, for example on
> between session slide rotations and on the back of the volunteer and
> committee member t-shirts (a.k.a. "the billboard tees").
>
> In-kind support is significant and our website doesn't have enough
> logos as it is. ;-)
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

Cameron Shorter