[FOSS4G-Oceania] Board roles

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:40:17 PST 2019

Hi Brent

I think those details are covered in the terms of reference for OSGeo
Oceania:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13aZ6L08ke1-l32I7c00MahyEKgxeZkq8/view

Essentially, the board provides oversight of the conference committee, and
ongoing stewardship of the conference series. The conference committee is
accountable to the board. The board will only intervene in the activities
of the conference committee if there is a clear reason to do so; in
general, a light touch is preferred. I think this closely follows the OSGeo
/ FOSS4G model.

The inaugural board consists of people that organised the 2018 conference,
many of whom have expressed a desire to help organise the 2019 conference
in some capacity, so there will be quite a bit of overlap while OSGeo
Oceania matures as an organisation.

Cheers
Daniel