[FOSS4G-Oceania] Helping out with the local conference Hub here in Melbourne

Ewen Hill ewen.hill at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 00:55:11 PDT 2020

Ed,
  I have just  got off the phone to a long time friend and past sponsor of
my Lonon based football club, Scott, who runs a number of venues in
Melbourne. If restrictions move in the way we hope, we will be limited to
ten people per group and will have to be seated outside in Metro Melbourne
- Whilst we can have ten in a group, I assume that we could have multiples
of ten but with strict distancing and interaction.

Scott has tentatively offered The Mint <https://www.themint.com.au/> in the
CBD and  Welcome to Brunswick <https://www.welcometobrunswick.com.au/> not
in the CBD (approx 4km north). Both don't do coffee but he knows a bloke on
a bike who does and both venues have a number of screens we could utilise.
If he gets booked out he will organise another venue through his network

No costs have been discussed however the expectation is that we will need
to rehydrate post conference. Clearly the more we can get to the venue the
less cost of keeping us open due to turn over.

Plan B, C and D
B: The Schaller Hotel in Bendigo may also be available and would probably
be keen on using their conference room and cafe. The food and drinks are
actually not a bad price.
C: There may be an absolute time limit on attending a venue in place. We
may need to convene for a short time, not a long time
D -Universities or other locations

Ewen

>>> henry.walshaw at gmail.com

Warm Regards