[FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G SoTM Oceania 2024 is coming to Hobart, Tasmania

Dawn Hendrick dawn_hendrick at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 16 20:40:07 PDT 2024

Mark your calendars!

The 2024 FOSS4G SotM Oceania conference will be held at the C3 Conference Centre in Hobart from 5 - 8 November, 2024.
Keep an eye out on the website for more information as it becomes available.
For now, we have some early information and opportunities below.

Conference website<https://2024.foss4g-oceania.org/>

Logo Competition:
We need your help to design a brand for this year’s conference.
We’ve been very lucky to have had some great logos in previous years and would love to have your design on shirts, the website, and everywhere.
If your logo is chosen, you’ll get a free ticket to attend the conference and the dinner and some special swag too.
To find out about the Design Brief and examples of some of the logos that have been used in the past have a look at the website.
The logo competition closes on the 10th of May, so get in quick!

Logo competition<https://2024.foss4g-oceania.org/#/logo-competition>

Sponsorship:
Sponsoring this event ensures that it stays affordable and any surplus from the event goes towards supporting the day-to-day activities of the organisation, like bookkeeping and web hosting, but also in funding micro-grants and sponsoring community projects.
The FOSS4G regional conference gets global visibility, and sponsoring is a great way to reach a wide audience of enthusiastic and engaged open geospatial practitioners across Oceania.
Sponsor benefits range from website placement, inclusion in promotional material and placement in presentations and communications such as this.
Please reach out to anyone on the conference committee if you’d like more information, or email us directly at sponsorship at foss4g-oceania.org

Download Sponsorship Prospectus<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vo0SqYTH7UUDWyTBHPIwtLD5-VodcmV0/view> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vo0SqYTH7UUDWyTBHPIwtLD5-VodcmV0/view?usp=sharing>

The call for papers and workshops is now open:
Have you got an interesting project, product or story that involves FOSS4G or OpenStreetMap?
Come and share it with your community at the 2024 FOSS4G SotM Oceania Conference in Hobart this year.

Submit your presentation or workshop here:<https://talks.osgeo.org/foss4g-sotm-oceania-2024/cfp>

Dawn Hendrick
Hobart, Tasmania​