[FOSS4G-UK] Free tickets for speakers

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 04:06:25 PDT 2023

Good point Barry - last year we decided no central swag because a)
logistics of getting stuff to 8 venues is hard b) environmental reasons.

T-shirts could be a nice thing for speakers. Any one any idea how much
this would be?

Let's chat about this at the next meeting.

We did do some stickers - and I suggest we do this again this year.

I have also done some OSGeo:UK stickers which we can do some more of.

Astrid (OSGeo Marketing) was going to send me a package of stuff for
GISRUK in April which got stuck in Germany so never arrived (Brexit
etc.) I will ask her about this.

Also if any UK people are at Kosovo FOSS4G this year, and want to bring
back bits for distribution then please do. Astrid (Marketing) may
approach you with this.

Of note, we have said sponsors can bring and distribute their own swag
but they need to send people to do this. We are not offering Swag
Distribution As A Service!!

Best wishes,
Nick.

On 23/06/2023 11:00, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
> Free t-shirts for speakers?
>
> I note nobody's mentioned general conference swag yet, which is a Good
> Thing, right?
>
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 10:55 AM Nick Bearman
> <nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     Following on from yesterdays discussion in the meeting about free
>     tickets for speakers, there was a extensive discussion in the
>     WhatsApp
>     group.
>
>     In summary, the logistics of making sure speakers have free tickets
>     available after we confirm whether they are speaking (by which
>     time some
>     venues may have sold out) is a bit too complex to justify.
>
>     Equally, a fee of £20 should not (in general) discourage speakers
>     form
>     getting a ticket, and we have a range of discount codes that
>     people can
>     ask for from a wide range of options listed on the site.
>
>     Other comments welcome, but assuming there is no great dissent
>     here we
>     plan to go live on Monday as per Ant's email.
>
>     Best wishes,
>     Nick.
>
>     --
>     Nick Bearman
>     +44 (0) 7717745715
>     nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
>
>     Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me
>     outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure
>     to respond outside of your own working pattern.
>

>     --

Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk