[Foss4g2008loc] important (up)dates

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Thu Nov 1 16:17:54 EDT 2007

Hi Dave

The amount we're proposing is from all sources - 'traditional' FOSS4G sponsors and GISSA sponsors, some of which are common, like ESRI and Leica.

When you get the budget please play around with scenarios of different numbers attending, different exchange rates and different registration fees. We're seeking sponsorship to cover a conservative scenario of low attendance and very moderate registration fees.

We're planning and hoping this conference will be 'bigger' - more attendees and an extra day. And we're going to lay on just that little extra to make it worth the long trip here.

Gavin