[Foss4g2008loc] final draft sponsorhip prospectus for comment and approval

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 6 02:06:22 EST 2007

Minor comments and suggestions, open to your discretion to toss or
incorporate.  Feel free to point out any points that I should have
already known:

- Make the front page logos bigger - they are hard to read at that scale
- Are we looking for more Media Sponsors?
- Bullets have different indents on page 4
- p.5 "Corporate sponsors at the 2007....included x, y, z ..." add:
"and more."
- Good invite letter from Gavin
- p.6 (and elsewhere) - Add "International" when talking about FOSS4G
as an event.  i.e. "Purpose: The INTERNATIONAL FOSS4G conference"..
- p.6 Consolidate or removing a handful of the "Major topics" - they
don't sound too major if there are too many :)
- It's nice to see you using the Queen's english.  If it's
intentional, feel free to "fix" some of the mis-uses on p. 8 About
OSGeo "organization".  I also think you can drop the 2nd About OSGeo
paragraph, except for the URL.
- p.9 - sponsorship levels got confusing this year, as we quickly
maxed out the  "Gold" category and some sponsors (or potential
sponsors) were left wondering if they could still sign up as a gold.
Can we call it a "Target" instead of "Maximum"? Or leave it off the
"(Max n)" except for our internal use?  Mind you, I understand that
with the highest levels you want them to be somewhat exclusive.
- p.12 - missing word at end in sentence "can contribute your"
- p.13 - as an exhibitor, it would be great for me to see a possible
floorplan.  It helps give you a reality check: "Hey, there are a few
little squares here, I better get one!"  Basically use the graphics
to help motivate.  It would be really good to show spots filling up
too, over time, to help build the urgency.
- Also, a statement about how booth spots are allocated is needed
(unless I missed it). e.g. first sponsor gets first pick, or maybe
show which (and how many) booths are reserved for the higher levels?
- p.14 - I'd drop "(extra)" and "(continued") from the table - that's
more of an internal logistics note I assume.
- p.17 - change my title from "ED" to "Executive Director" please :)
- Exhibition Space - is it going to be possible to provide blanket
(wired or wireless) internet coverage for all exhibitors?  And
generally throughout the venue?

That's all I can think of for now.
Hope it helps,
Tyler