[Foss4g2008loc] conference programme

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Tue Apr 8 19:17:46 EDT 2008

Gavin Fleming wrote:
> See the new programme wiki page http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008
>

> Do all programme / schedule development here. Daina / Graeme from
> time to time please ensure that the programme on the conference
> website matches what is on the wiki

Just some 'random thoughts' that first came to mind
when I looked at this page:
http://conference.osgeo.org/public/conferences/1/schedConfs/1/program.html
- Workshop Instructors may not be inclined to stop for a break,
   or may not want a break 'at the scheduled time'
- in terms of logistics, is it practical to setup on the Sunday
   for the Monday AM Workshops, then leave that setup "as is"
   until the Friday Workshops?
- "free time" on Wednesday afternoon - just a gut feeling that
   most people would rather have "something" going on than free
   time in the middle of the conference (it might be a good time
   to run Workshops, rather than on Friday afternoon)
Now, having looked at the wiki page, I see there isn't "free time"
on Wednesday afternoon?

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems