[Foss4g2008loc] Volunteers

Russell Hope Russell.Hope at capetown.gov.za
Thu Apr 10 07:21:05 EDT 2008

Hello

Below is the volunteer info from 2007 as it is on wiki  - I have requested the responsibilities , group setup and scheduling from Brian Low  ( FOSS4G2007 )  - no response yet

Please send me your comments

Volunteers

Below is the 2007 policy - Russell please edit as this develops for 2008 (and then remove this line)

*       Volunteers agree to work one full day (possibly broken up into two "shifts" that may fall on different days) to receive credit
*       Volunteers receive credit for registration for "the Conference" (not Conference + Workshops)
*       The credit is for registration, and does not represent a specific dollar amount
*       The credit cannot be divided
*       The credit cannot be transferred
*       Students from South African post-secondary educational institutions will receive first preference for volunteer slots
*       Volunteers can be recommended to the Volunteer coordinator by the Conference Committee
*       Only as many volunteers as are needed will be accepted

The way I see it:

Control Access at  Rooms, Workshops and Exhibition

Registration - assist with bags / information

Directions

Computer setup and Computer dismantle

Volunteer photographer

Poster session