[Foss4g2008loc] RE: FOSS4G Call for papers

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 14 11:09:14 EDT 2008

Inge Netterberg wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I think we should make the poster deadlines the same as the abstract
> submissions. Both Gavin and Mandy agree and Mandy will be running with the
> posters
>
> This will make it easy for all to remember.

Inge,

It's your call of course, but posters are often a low overhead way of
folks offering recent work at (relatively speaking) the last minute.
Assuming review and scheduling are not big issues for posters is it
necessary to have a deadline far in advance for them?

It would seem that poster submissions could, in theory, be accepted right
up till quite close to the conference (space permitting).

Best regards,