[Foss4g2008loc] Foss4g2008 Marketing

Daina Mudimbu dmudimbu at ledc.co.za
Mon Apr 21 12:11:59 EDT 2008

Hi LOC,
please check the communications page on the wiki... I've placed what i
can and working on it and the rest of the marketing tasks.. will place
the announcements planned on the relevat page asap... hopefully by Fri
then we can all see whats planned and where we are. On the requests to
individuals/through websites... do we all want a basic email request? I
will draft one that i will send to the sites/contact i can get to and
also place on annoucement page

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Communication

And a call for marketing support support is still very open!

P.S. Who is updating the Foss4G2008 landing page??? Please update it
... it currently has a misleading deadline for call for pa[pers... we
wouldn't want anyone to miss the deadline!! Or how can I help edit it.
Please place the following on that first page and where links are
available then the correct link to the other pages e.g. to the workshops
and labs page or info on abstractes page etc.

SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT DATES:

30 April 2008: Deadline for submission of proposals for workshops and
labs

12 May 2008: Deadline for submission of abstracts
17 June 2008: Notification of acceptance of abstracts
18 August 2008: Deadline for submission of presentation / papers for
the proceedings
1 September 2008:Deadline for submission of posters

Sponsors & Exhibitors: registration now open

Important dates for registrations:
Early bird registrations: closes June 15, 2008
Online registration: closes September 15 2008
Late registration opens September 16 - September 29 2008
On-site registration opens September 29 2008

Conference Dates September 29 - October 3 2008

Request: Anyone with photos we can use for the webiste... i.e. those of
Cape Town (places of interest), of the ICC and perhaps potetial
technical visit places if we have.. and other interesting pictures of
things to do, food to eat, places to stay . etc .. anything for that
"exciting" first landing page we need to have?? HELP PLEASE! People SA
you look like you have quite soe great ones on your page... any chance
we can use some of these on the main page?

Also People SA- Petro/Karryn: may we have distance info attached to the
proposed hotels.. i.e. walking/driving to the arious acommodation.. it
will make selection easier for those of us not from the Cape.

Thanks

daina

Daina Mudimbu
Deputy Manager GIS
Ehlanzeni District Municipality
P.O. BOX 3333, Nelspruit 1200, South Africa
Tel: Direct line +27 (0)13 759 8616
Tel: Switchboard +27 (0)13 759 8500 extn. 8616
Mobile: +27 (0)71 604 8906
Fax Number : 0866954056
Email: dmudimbu at ledc.co.za

GISSA Mpumalanga