[Foss4g2008loc] Foss4g2008 Marketing

Graeme McFerren gmcferren at csir.co.za
Wed Apr 23 02:57:47 EDT 2008

Hi Daina

The website was updated according to your e-mail. I have been away for a while and am catching up on my backlog of things to do, including a bunch of tweaks on the website.

Graeme

>>> "Daina Mudimbu" <dmudimbu at ledc.co.za> 04/23/08 7:51 AM >>>
Hi Karryn and LOC
Thanks, will follow up with Graeme and Gavin as the main website page
has not been changing.

On the pictures:
I understand the issues of avoiding duplication, however we have to
admit the current FOSS4G2008 landing page is not as alive as it could be
... the pictures I need would be to:
- add some life to our FOSS4G2008 first page... it has absolutely
nothing right now even simple pictures of the Cape... or a happy bunch
of ppl at a workshop!
- use in creating banners for marketing for our site and with media
partners and other professional sites.
- to use in the marketing material we propose to produce... flyers,
brochures etc.

Maybe check the previous years to understand what i'm getting at
http://www.foss4g2007.org/ and http://www.foss4g2006.org/

There's definitely no need to reproduce accommodation/tours packages
info I doubt a few duplicate pictures in a banner would confuse anyone
unless there's copyright issues and we have to source our own? I
personally feel a an accommodation and tours page on the main website
that places links to the specific landing pages hosted by People SA
would not hurt to give a consolidated and easy to follow route for all.
As it is now I really also don't understand why this information falls
under "announcements" way down at the bottom of the page?? And not at
the side with rest of Conference info... Graeme and Gavin?/ Help who is
updating the site and how can we add value to the look and feel and
current contents??

Please may we get that distance from ICC info added to
Accommodation.... is this possible? Is it coming?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Daina

Daina Mudimbu
Deputy Manager GIS
Ehlanzeni District Municipality
P.O. BOX 3333, Nelspruit 1200, South Africa
Tel: Direct line +27 (0)13 759 8616
Tel: Switchboard +27 (0)13 759 8500 extn. 8616
Mobile: +27 (0)71 604 8906
Fax Number : 0866954056
Email: dmudimbu at ledc.co.za

GISSA Mpumalanga
www.gissa.org.za

>>> karryn at peoplesa.co.za 04/22/08 8:00 AM >>>

Hi Daina ,

As far as I am aware , Graeme and Gavin have been tasked with the
updating
Of the webpages . (Not sure if that has changed)

All the information on places to visit in Cape Town are advertised on
the
PeopleSA site. Follow the link on the FOSS42008 webpage to the
PeopleSA
website and it is all there. Pictures , information , possible tours ,
accommodation packages etc. Initially it was advertised on the
FOSS42008
website as well.
We had feedback that duplication was not the way to go. As PeopleSA
researched and found the  relevant information and pictures and was
tasked
with giving the delegates a one stop seamless experience of booking
preferred accommodation,
tours , as well as collection of all payments for these activities it
made
sense that this was advertised on our site.

Have a great day.

Regards
Karryn
PeopleSA