[Foss4g2008loc] Outreach activities

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Tue Aug 19 02:03:51 EDT 2008

 nice work Alize

The session at Bishops must definitely demonstrate FOSS GIS.

I'd suggest securing presenters before doing too much public marketing. I've had a notice on the website home page about volunteering for Outreach activities. Now's probably the time for an announcement to try and recruit volunteers. Alize please draft a paragraph I can use in my next general announcement. Also go ahead and recruit through all the avenues you have at your disposal. Let's line up some interested people first through this route and perhaps some targeted invitations (some ideas of who?) and then work out the details.

The volunteers might be attracted by this very idea, they might already be registered or they might have already booked workshops, which all have different implications.

Gavin