[Foss4g2008loc] Request for approval of registration website development

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 8 10:57:32 EST 2008

On 7-Feb-08, at 4:28 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Maybe its a dumb question, but cant the website just use paypal into
> OSGEO accounts in the US and then the money gets transferred over to
> SA by OSGEO? Having paypal capabilitites on the site would probably
> make things more convenient for many potential attendees?

It is preferred, at least from my standpoint, that conference
managers have the funds in their own accounts - so they can get at it
and manage it as needed.  I wonder too if PayPal would cost more (3%
+) to use than local options.  What's our overhead for PeopleSA
receiving credit cards?

Either way, I support Gavin's proposal and second the "results to be
open source" comment by Tim - or at least that OSGeo would have
unrestricted access to the use/re-use the code that is created for
future events.

Tyler