Resp.: [Foss4g2008loc] Code sprint promotion - draft for comment

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Thu Jul 31 04:30:23 EDT 2008

+1

Gavin
-----Original Message-----
From: foss4g2008loc-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:foss4g2008loc-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Tim Sutton
Sent: 31 July 2008 10:08 AM
To: FOSS4G2008 local organising committee
Cc: russel.hope at capetown.gov.za
Subject: Resp.: [Foss4g2008loc] Code sprint promotion - draft for
comment

Hi

2008/7/30, Gavin Fleming <GavinF at mintek.co.za>:
> Perfect Tim, get this out as widely as possible.
>
> I've edited the demo theatre page. One thing that still needs a bit of
> attention is consistency about how people apply and get a slot - by
> contacting you and being allocated a slot or editing the wiki?
Sponsors and
> exhibitors have priority on slots if they want them.

Ok. Given that editing the wiki requires creating a wiki account etc
which many will consider a hassle, I'm going to change the text to ask
people to email me with their preferred slot & details, and then I
will manage the posting to the wiki page myself. Hopefully that will
also prevent queue jostling as people edit themselves into the most
favourable slots.

I'll also remove the following text:

"The *demo theatre schedule url* is where the final schedule will
appear: "

and use the wiki demo theatre page as the canonical demo theatre URL -
all ok with that?

> Re the code sprint I've also added a line to this page to ask people
> indicate if they'll be participating in the sprint:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Workshops_and_Technical_Visits.
It is
> the page we're about to announce (when it's ready tomorrow) for
registrants
> to choose workshops (so any comments on that would be appreciated).

Great thanks. I had a read through the page and it all seems clear
enough.

> And please add contact info or list names of who you're announcing to
> this page: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Communication

Will do.

Regards

Tim